If you are looking for a company online, whether by name or through a search engine, what’s the first thing you come across? Social media, Google Business, Yelp and the company website. We find there are five reasons you need a quality website is a must in today’s world.
- As the saying goes, “You never get a second chance to make a first impression” and that is equally true with your website. If a potential customer has never had any interaction with your company, their very first impression comes from the company website and its ease of use. Are they able to find the information they need easily? Is the content relevant? Is the contact info readily available? Are they able to access the address if they plan on stopping in for an appointment or to make a purchase? These are all key elements that need to be easily accessible when a potential customer hits your website.
- We still run into a few companies that do not have a website. These are often solopreneurs or new businesses that are using social media accounts as their website or don’t feel they have the budget to hire someone to build a website. Therefore they delay the process. Potential customers see your website as one piece of legitimizing your business. In this day and age where there are so many companies and businesses to choose from that are easily found online, many people rule out a company or person without a website.
- A website is the showcase for your brand and your marketing. There is no better place to define and leverage your brand. This includes the logo, the font you use, content on the site, the images, the colors and more. Building your brand encompasses so much more than just a logo and a business card.
- Companies or entrepreneurs either have products or services. A website is an excellent place to display either of those. If you sell products, then a website should be used to showcase them, even if customers have to physically come to your location to make a purchase. People are looking for ways to cut down on the time they spend searching for something. If they go to your website and see that you are able to provide what they want, they are more likely to visit your store to make the purchase.
- A website is the launch pad for all marketing campaigns. If your company actively builds marketing campaigns through social media, Google Adwords, Video campaigns or more, driving these campaigns back to your website further enhances your brand and builds business.
In summary, a company website can showcase your brand and introduce your company to a larger market than ever before. The first impression of who you are and what your company does, as reflected in a quality website, is key to making a positive impact and moving the potential customer forward in the purchasing process.